Registering to Buy, Sell or simply watch auctions is quick and easy.
Becoming a Seller
- Once you have registered, login in to Horsesales.ie.
- Go to Add Horse.
- Fill up the required details of your horse including uploading pictures and/or video, and pedigree. It is optional to upload a Health Cert or Veterinary Cert.
- Choose the length of auction you wish (3,5,7 or 10 day auctions), the starting bid for your horse and the reserve (the reserve does not have to be shown on the site).
- When you submit the details and pay the entry fee, a member of our Customer Service Team will contact you to verify your details and explain more about the auction. They will be your point of contact through the entire process.
Useful Info for Sellers
- There is a fee of €125 (incl VAT) to auction your horse.
- Potential Purchasers are allowed to view the horse in your yard but only the winning Purchaser is allowed to carry out a veterinary check and/or blood test.
- We do not charge commission on the sale of your horse.
- Once your submission is complete, the auction clock starts. Your horse is now selling live from the moment the listing goes active.
- When your horse is sold, we contact both Seller and Purchaser to facilitate the sale. We do not hold funds on behalf of the Seller or Purchaser. All financial transactions are between the Seller and Purchaser only. Please see our Terms and conditions.
- The sale of the horse is subject to a veterinary certificate or blood test to be carried out by the Purchaser at their own cost.
- The purchase price of your horse is not published on our site without your approval.
- We have rigorous terms of sale to protect the Seller and the Purchaser. If your horse is not sold, your horse can be re-listed for free for one more time only for a period of 10 days.
Becoming a Bidder
Becoming a Bidder is quick and easy. You only need to fill up the form once.
- After you sign-up, login in to Horsesales.ie.
- You can find the Register to Bid link here or by clicking ‘My Profile’ in the menu, and scrolling down to either the User Privileges or Useful Links section.
- Complete the required form including Digital Signature, Passport ID and Utility Bill.
- You must have sufficient funds to bid and purchase a horse. Check Terms and Conditions for more information.
- The Customer Service Team will verify your details and send you an email containing your Bidder Number. This number is unique to you.
- Click on the Lot you are interested in.
- You may view the horse once the horse is listed. You can arrange an independent vet check or blood test if you are the successful purchaser. We have rigorous terms of sale to protect the purchaser and the seller.
- All bids on the lots are live and transparent.
- Place a Bid. It is updated automatically in Real Time.
- Receive a notification if another Bidder places a Bid.
- When the clock stops, the auction ends.
Useful Info for Bidders
- If you are the highest bidder at close of auction then you now own the horse.
- Our Customer Service Team will contact both Seller and Purchaser to process the sale.
- We do not charge commission.
- The sale of the horse is subject to a veterinary certificate or blood test to be carried out by the Purchaser at their own cost. Please see our Terms and conditions.
- The Purchaser must arrange a veterinary check and/or blood test of the acquired horse within 48 hours.
- We do not hold funds on behalf of the Seller or Purchaser. All financial transactions are between the Seller and Purchaser only. Please see our Terms and conditions.
- The purchase price of the horse is not published on our site without your approval.
- We have rigorous terms of sale to protect the Seller and the Purchaser.